By Cornelia Guest from her book Simple Pleasures
These zucchini fritters are easy to make and so delicious! When you make these, the key is squeezing the water out of the grated zucchini, which is up to 95% water content. This will ensure that your fritters are nice and crispy on the outside, but still soft and oh so incredibly delicious on the inside.
(All ingredients are organic)
1 pound zucchini (2 medium), coarsely grated
¼ tsp. Himalayan salt or mineral salt
¼ cup of water
2 scallions, finely chopped
½ cup of garbanzo bean flour
¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
½ cup of coconut oil
1. Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with salt; let drain 10 minutes. Press out as much liquid as possible.
2. In a large bowl, combine water, zucchini, scallions, flour and pepper.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Cook fritters in two batches. Measure 2 tbs. size portions of zucchini batter and drop 6 mounds into the skillet. Flatten slightly. Cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Transfer fritters to a paper-towels-lined plate and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Repeat with remaining batter.
*You can eat them as they are or serve with vegan Greek yogurt and lime wedges to squeeze