I love soup. It’s such a versatile and satisfying dish that can include seasonal vegetables leftover from the week. This is a great twist on a classic minestrone recipe, but with added butternut squash. It’s hearty and delicious. Serve it immediately, so it is still steaming and the vegetables do not overcook.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of butternut squash, cut into ½- inch cubes
1 quart of vegetable stock
1 quart of water
1 cup of dried macaroni
1-28 ounce can of chopped tomatoes
1-14 ounce can of cannellini beans
½ -box of frozen spinach (5 ounces)
Salt & Pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onions, sauté 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, sauté until fragrant.
2. Add butternut squash and tomatoes, sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add zucchini and macaroni and reduce heat to simmer, cook 7-8 minutes.
4. Add spinach and beans, and simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan.